ACU Summer School in South Africa | Fully Funded 2023/2024
Applications for the ACU Summer School 2023/2024 in South Africa are now being accepted. ACU Summer School South Africa is open to all International Students from around the world. This is the Commonwealth’s Fully Funded Exchange Program.
This inaugural event will take place from July 2-10, 2023, at Stellenbosch University in South Africa. The summer school’s theme is Truth and Reconciliation. Students from a variety of academic backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and there is no requirement for IELTS or other language proof. This program has no application fees.
Candidates for undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral degrees are all eligible to apply. Participants will learn about the political, social, and economic forces that shaped South African politics in the twentieth century, as well as have the opportunity to connect with students from all over the world. A total of 40 people will be chosen.
Aside from academics, the ACU Summer School allows students to get to know their classmates through social activities such as game nights and film screenings. Accommodation on the Stellenbosch University campus will be provided, allowing students to fully immerse themselves in this life-changing experience.
About the ACU Summer School Program 2023/2024
ACU Summer School 2023/2024 in South Africa for International Student will cover the following expenses as given below:
- Accommodation on campus
- Meals on campus
- Social activities and excursions
- Economy return flights/travel from your home country and travel to the university for students travelling from outside South Africa
The following costs are not covered:
- Visa (please note that some nationalities do not need a visa to enter South Africa)
- Food/spending on excursions
Eligibility Criteria for ACU Summer School:
In order to apply for ACU Summer School 2023/2024 in South Africa (Fully Funded), candidates have to meet the following criteria:
- The ACU Summer School is open to current postgraduate students (masters and PhD) and final-year undergraduate students at member universities of the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU). You can check if your university is a member of the ACU by following the provided link.
- This program is specifically tailored towards students who are studying subjects related to themes of truth and reconciliation, or who have a personal interest in these topics. Priority is given to students who have not traveled extensively, with exceptions made for students studying in South Africa or who are ACU scholars.
- Applications from students with disabilities and those who identify as indigenous, as well as those who have not traveled outside their home region for work, study, or leisure, are especially encouraged.
- Previous attendees of the ACU Summer School are not eligible to apply.
As part of the online application, you are required to submit a detailed academic reference from a lecturer or supervisor at your current university of study who is familiar with your recent academic work.
This must be submitted on official university headed paper, be signed and dated after 5 December 2022 and refer to your suitability to attend the ACU Summer School.
You are also required to submit responses to the following questions:
- Describe your motivation for wishing to participate in the ACU Summer School 2023 and what you will contribute to and gain from the event.
- Explain how your interests and/or achievements, work experience, volunteering experience and studies fit with the themes of peace, truth and reconciliation in your context.
- Choose the UN Sustainable Development Goal which best relates to the subject you are studying or researching and explain why it is important that this goal is achieved using an example from your own country.
- Describe how you plan to share the knowledge and experience gained at the ACU Summer School with your university and community after the event.
How to Apply for NCTU International Student Scholarships?
To apply for a ACU Summer School 2023/2024 in South Africa, you will need to follow these steps:
Also the Official Advertisement link is given below:
- All applications are via MyACU, and if you already have a MyACU account, you can access the application form here.
- If you do not have a MyACU account, please first register for an account here.
- Then, follow the instructions in the registration email to log into the system before accessing the application form.